Eight Nigerian banks have made the 2016 Top 1000 World Bank ranking by Financial Times.
1. Zenith tops the Nigeria bank list with $2.837 billion shareholders fund. It was ranked the seventh top bank in Africa and 325th globally.
2. First Bank ranked the second top bank in Nigeria with a shareholders fund of $2.036 billion, 11th top bank in Africa and occupied the 417th position in the global ranking.
3. Guaranty Trust Bank ranked third with shareholders fund of $1.673 billion and ranked 13th top bank in Africa and 490th in the world.
4. Access Bank is forth, with a shareholders fund of $1.536 billion.It ranked 14th in Africa and was positioned as the 522nd best bank in the world.
5. United Bank of Africa is positioned as the 5th largest bank in Nigeria with shareholders fund of $1.004 billion. It ranked 18th in Africa and 670 in the global 1,000 top banks.
6. Diamond Bank came sixth with shareholders fund of $912 million. It is ranked as the 20th top bank in Africa and the 711th bank in the world.
7. Fidelity Bank also featured in the top 1000 and top 25 banks in Africa. It has $729 million as shareholders fund and is the 802 bank in the 1000 top world banks ranking.
8. Ekobank Transnational with registered office in Lome with presence in Nigeria is also ranked among the top 25 banks in Africa. It made the list of top 1000 banks in the world as well.
Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!