The following is a list of the world’s busiest airports by passenger traffic. It is measured by the total number of passengers passing through the airport – either as arrivals, departures or transit passengers. This list was calculated according to the 2012 statistics, but the list remains more or less similar throughout the years.
1. Hartsfield – Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Atlanta, United States – 95,462,867 passengers. The world’s busiest airport in 2012 and it has been the world’s busiest airport every year since 2000
2. Beijing Capital International Airport, Beijing, China – 81,929,689 passengers. Busiest airport in Asia
3. London Heathrow Airport, London, United Kingdom – 70,038,857 passengers. Busiest airport in Europe. London Heathrow is in the third place, but if you combine the passenger traffic of all the airports in a city, then London is at the first place as the world’s busiest city airport system
4. Tokyo International Airport, Tokyo, Japan – 67,788,722 passengers
5. O’Hare International Airport, Chicago, United States – 67,091,391 passengers
6. Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles, United States – 63,687,544 passengers
7. Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris, France – 61,611,934 passengers
8. Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, Dallas, United States – 58,591,842 passengers
9. Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, Tangerang, Indonesia – 57,730,732 passengers
10. Dubai International Airport, Dubai, United Arab Emirates – 57,684,550 passengers
Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!