Forbes has released a new list of the most valuable sports teams in the world.
NFL franchises make up 27 of the 50 most valuable sports teams in the world, including the Dallas Cowboys, who rank first with a value of $4 billion, up 25%. It is the first time a non-soccer club has reigned as the most valuable team since 2011 (the first year Forbes compiled a top 50 list). Manchester United held the crown in 2011 and 2012 and Real Madrid the last three years.
See the top 10 below:
- Dallas Cowboys $4bn (£3.03bn)
- Real Madrid $3.65bn (£2.77bn)
- Barcelona $3.55bn (£2.69bn)
- New York Yankees $3.4bn (£2.58bn)
- Manchester United $3.32bn (£2.52bn)
- New England Patriots $3.2bn (£2.43bn)
- New York Knicks $3bn (£2.27bn)
- Washington Redskins $2.85bn (£2.16bn)
- New York Giants $2.8bn (£2.12bn)
- Los Angeles Lakers $2.7bn (£2.05bn)