The beautiful tale many Nigerians lined up behind to raise N85 million for stage 4 ovarian cancer patient Mayowa Ahmed Shukurat was dragged into needless controversy, with police stepping in over allegations of scam, was ruined by the shoddiness of her family, Aramide Kasumu and Toyin Aimakhu, among many.
The simple term called due process, where questions are asked about certain details and procedures, were hurriedly jettisoned by all concerned.
And now, the 28 year old graduate of University of Lagos who needs our prayers and kind wishes is being dragged into a messy scandal which will jeopardize her survival.
Those who ran to help Mayowa didn’t put many things in place as events have now shown.
Among many things, they didn’t :
- Make enquiries about the course of treatment she requires and the total cost involved.
- They failed to ask questions from doctors here about the best ways to go about her treatment.
- They didn’t extend communication to the hospital abroad to get more details.
- They were not prepared for Mayowa’s eventual trip, from passport to visa, flight ticket to bookings needed abroad.
- They never were transparent with the public about how much was needed and how the money would be spent.
- They were much more concerned about raising the money and not their sister’s health
All these shortcomings have now dented the campaign, throwing up all sorts of allegations, innuendoes and rumours.
Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!