When-Strenght-matters-728x90 (1)
Food & Health

Fire Demolished University College Hospital Ward

UCH-Fire
nigeriana news app advert

The Accident and Emergency Ward of the University College Hospital, Ibadan, was destroyed by fire yesterday, destroying the multi-million naira building and equipment.

Eyewitnesses said the fire began with a loud explosion, as patients and visitors ran in different directions during the commotion created by the fire.

A witness, Mrs. Dolapo Haastrup, said, “I was waiting at the side of the building for a relative who was inside when the explosion occurred. Everybody ran away and from where I was, I saw many patients being brought out. Some were on crushes and others on beds. Some of their relatives dared the consequences by forcing their way into the building to save their loved ones.”

ALSO READ:  Exploring Wealth Creation and Opportunities in Agriculture: Join Pelumi Salas Aribisala at the 2 Days Workshop Organised by Ogunmod Farms & Farmers' Academy

The Public Relations Officer of the hospital, Deji Bobade, said an electric spark caused the fire and that the ward might be relocated to another building.

He said, “The fire started around 4pm, but firefighters from the UCH, Federal Road Safety Corps, the police, and other rescue agencies, put it out. All patients were rescued and no one was injured.

“However, the damage is massive and with the way things are, we may have to relocate the ward to another building for now.”


[Advertisement]
Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!



Comments
To Top
Loading...