Welcome everyone to the month of April, we hope you have a smooth sail through regardless of the current fuel scarcity situation which is trying so hard to steal our joy away. There are some very interesting facts about the fourth month of the year we wants you to know…
– April is named after the Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite. The name for the month of April originally came for Apriliswhich means to open. The name Aprilis is very appropriate because in so many places the trees and flowers begin to bloom and go on to flower during the month of April.
– Zodiac signs for April are Aries, March 21 to April 19 and Taurus, April 20 to May 20
– The daisy, which symbolizes innocence and the sweet pea are the flowers for the month
– The diamond is the birthstone for the month of April.
– Leonarado da Vinci, Italian painter, sculptor and scientist was born April 15, 1452
– Adolf Hitler, dictator of Germany was born April 20, 1889
– William Shakespeare, the playright, was born on April 23, 1564. He also died in England in 1616
– April is one of the only four months that has exactly 30 days, the others are June, September and November.
– April begins on the same day of the week as July every single year.
– The Titanic sank on April 15, 1912
– In Ancient Rome, April 1 was the date of the festival of Veneralia, praising the goddess Venus.
– On April 1, 1889, the first successful dishwasher went on sale in Chicago. Its inventor Josephine Cochran said it washed faster than her servants.
Hope you learned something???