the collapse of the Nigerian education system have become very obvious as no single higher institution in the country made the list of 2016 Top 1000 Universities in the world as released by Centre for World University Rankings (CWUR)
The Centre for World University Rankings (CWUR) has released its 2016 Top 1000 Universities in the world and placed Harvard University, Stanford University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, all in the United States, in the top three spots respectively.
The University of Cambridge and University of Oxford, both in United Kingdom, came 4th and 5th respectively, as University of Witwatersand, South Africa (176th) ranked first in Africa.
Others were University of Cape Town (265th), Stellenbosch University (329th), University of KwaZulu-Natal (468th) and the University of Pretoria (697th), all in South Africa, and Makerere University in Uganda also clinched the 846th position in the ranking.
Four Egyptian Universities also represented Africa on the list, they are: Cairo University (771st), Ain Shams University (960th), Mansoura University (985th), and Alexandria University (995th).
According to CWUR website, there are eight objective and robust indicators to rank the world’s top 1000 universities. They are:
1. Quality of Education: measured by the number of a university’s alumni who have won major international awards, prizes, and medals relative to the university’s size (25%)
2. Alumni Employment, measured by the number of a university’s alumni who have held CEO positions at the world’s top companies relative to the university’s size (25%)
3. Quality of Faculty, measured by the number of academics who have won major international awards, prizes, and medals (25%)
4. Publications, measured by the number of research papers appearing in reputable journals (5%)
5. Influence, measured by the number of research papers appearing in highly-influential journals (5%)
6. Citations, measured by the number of highly-cited research papers (5%)
7. Broad Impact, measured by the university’s h-index (5%)
8. Patents, measured by the number of international patent filings (5%)
Click here to see the full ranking.
Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!
ALSO READ: Oh My!! See The 10 Countries of the World Where Government Beg Citizens To Have S*x!! #2 And 7 Countries Will Shock You....