Nigeriana joined Africans around the world to celebrate ‘Africa Day’…
Africa Day is the annual commemoration on May 25, 1963 founding of the Organisation of African Unity (OAU). On this day, leaders of 30 of the 32 independent African states signed a founding charter in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
On this occasion of Africa Day, Nigeriana, therefore brings you few interesting facts about the massive continent:
- Africa is a “non-self governing territory” and home to 54 countries
- Except Ethiopia and Liberia, the continent was completely colonised by western countries and was called “scramble for Africa”
- The north east land mass that juts out in the Arabian Sea is called the Horn of Africa. The Horn of Africa consists, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, and Somalia
- Before it was colonised, the continent was home to 10,000 states and independent groups, where people used to speak in different languages
- The continent has over 90 per cent of platinum reserves, 60 per cent cobalt and 40 per cent gold reserves of the world
Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!