Here are the 16 hard truths Soludo told APC governors with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo in attendance.
- That the collapse of oil price is a blessing to Nigeria as it presents an opportunity for a new beginning.
- That the Federal Government should consider ‘loosening of Abuja stranglehold on the states’.
- That Nigeria can’t experience sustainable and inclusive growth in the face of ‘mass elite discord’
- That agriculture might not be a sustainable option for Nigeria’s economy given the disastrous level of poverty and illiteracy in the country.
- That there is urgent need to Identify and break ‘dynasties of poverty’ as the surest path to sustainable growth and inclusiveness.
- That APC government must not see the oil price collapse as a temporary development with hope for a rebound.
- That APC must stop the blame game and focus on the challenges confronting Nigeria at the moment.
- That APC government has not much time left having spent 35 per cent of its working days with no major milestones.
- That he wondered if APC has any sustainable agenda at the moment, as a collection of any five APC leaders might just be source of comic relief.
- That APC should consider proper devolution of power to the states for the management of their resources.
- That APC should come clean with Nigerians, providing a measurable agenda with specific timelines for execution.
- That APC should be the change it professes to be, if it must be taken seriously by Nigerians.
- That APC must create an agenda for industrialisation and give form and content to change.
- That APC must change from a coalition to grab power to a governing team.
- That APC must be careful not to repeat the mistake of PDP which ruined itself with opposition from within.
- That not providing qualitative education for the poor masses is building a time bomb that will affect everybody sooner or later.
- And that he has belief, faith and hope that Nigeria would be great if its leaders do the right things.
By Ebere Ndukwu …
Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!