Ajibola Oluyede one of the lawyers representing Senate President, Bukola Saraki at his CCT trial has appealed to Justice Danladi Umar to remove himself from the case.
Some some points Oluyede made to Danladi on why the judge should not be the one prosecuting Saraki’s case:
- Your continued sitting on the case removes the guarantee from the accused that the CCT will act independently.
- It evokes a cloud that offends section 36 of the Nigerian constitution.
- My conclusion is that there is nowhere in the EFCC clearance that says you can now go free.
- It is no longer about whether Your Lordship is the best man on the bench, it’s about the impression of Justice.
- Justice must not just be done but must be manifestly seen to be done.
Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!