Gov. Rochas Okorocha
In an official statement signed by Pascal Obi, the Principal Secretary to governor of Imo state, Governor Rochas Okorocha, has relieved the Commissioner for Information, Dr. Vitais Ajumbe of his duties.
Acording to the statement, also sacked from office are;
1. The Special Adviser to the governor on Public Enlightenment and Strategy – Kelechi Okpalaeke
2. The Special Adviser on Niger Delta Affairs – Justice Odika.
Pascal Obi, said the sack is with immediate effect.
The governor on the other hand has appointed Pastor Ralp Afoaku as the Director General of the state-owned media, the Imo Broadcasting Corporation (IBC). Afoaku replaces Mrs Esther Obong-Egbuna the former DG, who died three months ago.
Governor Okorocha also appointed;
1. Hilary Opara, Deputy Inspector General of Police (rtd) as Special Adviser on Security Matters
2. Ananyo Chukwu as the Special Adviser on Social Media
3. Evan Enwerem (jnr) as the Transition Committee Chairman for Ikeduru Local Government Area.
The statement asked all those affected to hand over all government property in their care to the permanent secretaries in their ministries.
The governor also wished them well in their future endeavours.