The federal government of Nigeria announced it would begin to take applications online for positions in the 500,000 direct teacher jobs scheme tagged N-power.
The programme, an initiative of the Federal Government, including various MDAs, agencies and ministries, which is aimed at curbing unemployment in the country by developing programmes to engage youths in entrepreneurship, skill development, handiwork and teaching, among others.
Here are 15 facts you should know about the programme:
1. Applications are to start on Sunday, June 12th, 2016 while the programme itself shall commence on August 2016.
2. The Teacher Corps is for HND and B.sc/B.A/B.Ed graduates.
3. The Teacher Corps programme shall engage 500,000 unemployed graduates and deploy them to schools to teach
4. Applicants must have completed the compulsory National Youths Service Corps (NYSC) programme.
5. The Teacher Corps programme is meant for only those within the age brackets of 18-35 years.
6. N-Power Teach on the portal, is one of the three direct job creation and training schemes Nigerians can start applying for. Others are N-Power Knowledge, which will train 25,000 Nigerians in the area of technology, and N-Power Build, which train another 75,000 in the areas of building services, construction, utilities, hospitality and catering, automotive vocations, aluminium and gas services.
7. The Teacher Corps recruits will work for two years.
8. N-power is a volunteer service to the nation and not an offer of employment from the federal government.
9. Monthly pay is pegged at N23000.
10. The Teacher Corps recruitment is not automatic, Prospective corps members shall fill an application, pass an aptitude and other relevant tests.
11. Technicalities such as reports/clearance will be in place to avoid ghost-workers.
12. Recruits must demonstrate reading, writing and teaching skills
13 Applicants must prove that they are currently unemployed.
14. At the end of the programme, corps members will be presented with the National Skills Certificate.
15. There are other schemes in the Buhari presidency Social Investment Programmes which would soon be rolled out in the coming weeks.
Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!