Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, has described the stoppage of the N5,000 monthly allowance promised unemployed graduates by President Muhammadu Buhari, as a colossal fraud against Nigferian youths.
Fayose said the All Progressives Congress (APC) duped Nigerians by allegedly obtaining their votes by trick, declaring that; “Everything Buhari and his party promised Nigerians when they were looking for votes, they have denied and it won’t be a surprised if one day, Buhari comes out to even deny that he was elected on the platform of APC.”
Lampooning the federal government for what he described a policy somersault, Fayose insisted that Buhari’s declaration that he would not pay the N5,000 stipend he promised to unemployed youths in the country and the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed’s claim that the creation of three million jobs per year was not promised by the party as the peak of political fraud that the President and his party represent.
“They have not fulfilled any of the promises they made to Nigerians. In fact, they have even told us that they never made any promise. It is close to one year that Buhari assumed office; no single job has been created. Instead of the three million jobs per year that they promised, what we have been witnessing is job losses, economic hardship and budget padding.”
Fayose through his Special Assistant on Public Communications, Lere Olayinka, said it was more worrisome that President Buhari always choose foreign lands to make major policy pronouncements, asking whether the president has turned himself to Nigeria’s Diaspora or Online President.
The governor described President Buhari’s declaration of support for Palestine and description of Palestinians as his brothers and sisters that must achieve their desired objectives as a confirmation of the growing suspicion that the president was interested in Nigeria becoming a full Islamic State.
He said: “Even though I am a lover of Muslims, I relate with them as I do with Christians in the state and across the country, but Nigeria must remain secular and a free nation where its citizens proclaim the name of Jesus Christ and Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) freely.”
The governor said the moment President Buhari disowned his own campaign document titled; “My Covenant with Nigerians,” that was circulated to Nigerians during the electioneering campaign and also published in national newspapers and posted online on March 16 and 17, 2015, he knew that Nigerians had been that duped.
“Nigerians have now realised that they are inside a ‘One Chance Bus’ because Buhari and his APC have disowned their entire campaign promises by disowning their campaign document titled; ‘My Covenant with Nigerians.’
“This document that they disowned in August, last year contained everything they promised Nigerians and if today, President Buhari chose faraway Qatar to announce that he won’t pay the N5, 000 promised unemployed youths and Lai Mohammed is here in Nigeria saying no job was promised, no one should be surprised.
“Rather, Nigerians can only begin to pray that God, who rescued Daniel from den of lions will rescue us from this Buhari/APC’s one chance bus that we have entered,” he said.