Eyitayo Jegede has emerged Peoples Democratic Party flag-bearer for the November 26 governorship election in Ondo state.
Here are few things you should know about the governorship aspirant of the PDP…
– Eyitayo Olayinka Jegede, Senior Advocate of Nigeria, was born to the family of late Chief Johnson Bosede Jegede, the Odopetu of Isinkan, Akure, and Mrs Caroline Oluwatola Jegede (nee Asokeji) from Ipele town, in Owo Local Government Area.
– Jegede attended St. Stephen’s “A” Primary School Modakeke, Ife and was at Aquinas College Akure from 5th January 1973 to July 1978 for his secondary education. He had his Higher School Certificate education at Christ School, Ado Ekiti.
– He also captained the University volleyball team at the University of Lagos where he had his law degree course between 1980 and 1983.
– Mr. Eyitayo Jegede, SAN, qualified as a lawyer in 1984 after the one year mandatory programme at the Nigeria Law School, Victoria Island, Lagos.
– He was appointed a Notary Public by the Chief Justice of Nigeria in 1992 and was elevated to the rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria on 16th December, 2008. He had been actively involved in political cases and election petition matters, an area of law where his industry and practice is well noted and respected.
– In 2009, Mr. Eyitayo Jegede (SAN) was appointed the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice under Dr. Olusegun Mimiko’s administration where he served in the first four years of the administration. Following the re-election of Governor Mimiko for the second term in 2013, Governor Mimiko again appointed Mr. Eyitayo Jegede (SAN) as Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice.
– Mr. Jegede holds the forte as the Head, Ministry of Justice, Ondo State, where he ensured the review of the Laws of Ondo State for the first time since the creation of the State in 1976.
– He is a member of the Council of Legal Education in Nigeria, the body responsible for setting standards for legal education in Nigeria.
– Mr. Jegede (SAN) served twice as the Chairman of the Nigeria Bar Association in Yola before coming to Akure to serve.
– A sports man, Mr. Eyitayo Jegede, SAN, represented Ondo State as a member of the Volleyball team at the intermediate level during the various National Sports Festivals at Kaduna in 1977, Ibadan in 1979 where he won laurels for the State.
– He is married to Eno Jegede and both are blessed with four children.
Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!