Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has approved 6 new commissioners for the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
The President has also sent the names to the senate for confirmation. All nominees are from the six geo-political zones.
Those nominated are:
- Prof. Okechukwu Obinna Ibeanu Anambra (member) (South East),
- May I. Agbamuche-Mbu (Delta) (member) South South,
- AVM Ahmed Tijani Mu’azu (rtd) (Gombe) member (North East),
- Mohammed Kudu Haruna (Niger) North Central (member),
- Dr.Adekunle Ladipo Ogunmola (Oyo) South West, (member)
- Abubakar Ahmed Nahuche (Zamfara) North West (member).