Students of the University of Ilorin are ecstatic following the confirmation of their former Vice Chancellor as the new JAMB boss. We have put together 20 facts about him. These facts include:
1. Prof. Is-haq Olarewaju Oloyede was born in October 1954.
2. He hails from Abeokuta South Local Government Area of Ogun State.
3.He was a former Vice Chancellor of university of Ilorin
4.The University of Ilorin was ranked amongst the best in Africa under his leadership.
5. He had his Secondary Education from 1969-1973 at the Progressive Institute, Agege Lagos and Arabic Training Centre Agege, Lagos,(Markaz) from 1973-1976.
6. He later obtained a certificate in Arabic and Islamic Studies from the University of Ibadan between 1976 and 1977.
7. His tertiary education began at the University of Ilorin in 1978 where he studied Arabic and was awarded a B.A. Arabic (First Class Hons) in 1981.
8. In July 1982 he was appointed an Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Religions of the University.
9. Prof. Oloyede earned several scholarships and prizes during his student days, notable among which were the Arab League prize for the best final year Certificate student in Arabic and Islamic Studies in 1977 at the University of Ibadan; Federal Government undergraduate merit award from 1979 to 1981; Department of Religions Award, University of Ilorin, 1981 and Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Award, Unilorin also in 1981.
10. He is a fellow of the Islamic Academy of Cambridge, United Kingdom; Fellow, Academy of Entrepreneurship; Member, Nigerian Association of Teachers of Arabic and Islamic Studies (NATAIS).
11. Between 1995 and 1998, he was National President of the Unilorin Alumni Association, and was a two-time 1st and 2nd National Vice-
12. Prof. Oloyede was elevated to professorial rank in 1995.
13. In July 1982 he was appointed a Consultant by the National Universities Commission on Educational Reforms in Nigeria.
14. Prof. Oloyede is married with 4 children and one grandchild.
15. Prof Is-haq Oloyede is the Executive Secretary of National Inter -Religious Council (NIREC.)
16. He is also the President of Association of African Universities (AAU).
17. He is an International Advisory Board members of International Network for Higher Education in Africa (INHEA).
18. He has authored and co-authored several articles in reputable local and international outlets.
19. In 1991, he had his Doctorate degree in Islamic Studies also from the University of Ilorin.
20. Member, Editorial Board, Centre for Islamic Legal Studies, ABU, Zaria, among, several others.