A 300-level microbiology student of the University of Lagos, Jacob Eniola, has died after allegedly consuming a poisonous substance known as sniper.
The victim was said to have been rushed to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, where he gave up the ghost on Sunday.
It is, however, unclear why the victim took the poison.
It was gathered that the management of the school had already launched an investigation into the case.
A source said the victim took the poison on Saturday evening.
The source said, “He stays in Biobaku Hall. It was on Saturday that he took the poison and he was rushed to the hospital. This morning, we got the news that he’s dead. I honestly cannot tell why he did that.”
Friends of the deceased have also started pouring encomiums on the late student, whom they described as gentle and easygoing.
Kunle Adegunoye, a former student leader, in a post on his Facebook page, said he was surprised to hear about the incident.
He said, “March 2014 was the first time I saw him strolling towards the entrance of the iconic room 113, Biobaku Hall of residence, bright, confident, enthusiastic and likeable.
“Young, naive and ready to learn, he became the toast of everyone in the room. Hardly can a minute pass without Enny, as he was fondly called, ease smiles out of us. He made us sit up and do research with his brilliant, though unending arguments.”
Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!