The Niger Delta youths outlined six factors that will help engulf rule of law, check and balance power across Nigeria. The group advises the government to invest into agriculture as it must be Nigeria plan B in case the country ran out of oil in future. Niger Delta youth association worldwide has named six factors that will help to sustain peace in the oil-rich region.He listed six factors that will help engulfed rule of law, check and balance power across the country. According to him, if these factors are completed it will help sustain peace in Niger Delta and we can’t continue to shy away from the truth. The Niger Delta people have suffered; they are breastfeeding the rest of the state in Nigeria. He added that he will love to see his people happy that Niger Delta has been bullied by the rest of the states. The statement reads: “There are six factors that will help sustain peace in Niger Delta:
1. Massive development of infrastructure facilities
2. Creating employment opportunities for the youth
3. Clean up all the affected areas
4. Create steady scholarships from the oil companies as part of compensation for the environmental degradation such as gas pollution and oil spill in the rivers
5. Investment in agriculture (fish farm and poultry etc.) and this should be Nigeria plan B in case we ran out of oil in future.
6. Give opportunity for young leadership because our elders have failed us immensely and those elected should provide proper accountability across the country because it’s the duty of every state to do so which engulf the rule of law.
The fostering of human rights across the region is very vital because this is the hallmark of democracy and will help achieve the above.” The Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) and other militant groups have increased attacks on oil facilities, demanding a greater share of Nigeria’s oil wealth for the impoverished but oil-rich region. However, the Avengers on August 29, Monday, said that it had “halted hostilities” in the area and were ready to enter negotiations with the federal government.
Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!