The Nigerian Military released two wanted persons, Aisha Wakil and Ahmed Bolori, who were declared wanted by the Army on Monday for allegedly hoarding information about the whereabouts of the Chibok girls.
Bolori. Wakil and Salkida
The Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Col. Sani Usman, confirmed the release of the duo who reported to the Directorate of Military Intelligence on Tuesday, in a text message to our correspondent on Thursday.
When asked to confirm if it was true that Wakil, a lawyer, and Ambassador Bolori, had been granted administrative bail, he simply replied ‘correct’ without giving any further details.
Investigation revealed that the two suspects were grilled for three days by the operatives of the Directorate of Military Intelligence who insisted on getting the location of the girls from them.
It was gathered that the DMI decided to seize the passports of the two suspects pending the conclusion of the ongoing investigation.
It was further learnt that one of the suspects who was billed to travel to Mecca, Saudi Arabia for the current Hajj could not go because of the clause in the bail that they should not travel out of the country.
By administrative bail, the suspects are expected to report to the DMI whenever they are required.
An Abuja-based media consultancy outfit to the military and security agencies, the PR Nigeria, had reported that the duo had been granted an administrative bail while a journalist, Ahmed Salkida, who was declared wanted alongside the other was still being expected.
The source said, “It is true that Aisha Wakil and Ahmed Bolori have been granted administrative bail.
“It means that they would be reporting to the DMI whenever they are asked to do so. Part of the administrative bail is that they are not allowed to travel out of the country.
“Their passports have been seized and one of them who was supposed to have gone on Hajj cannot go because of this issue.”
The Nigerian Army had declared Salkida, a journalist believed to have contact with the Boko Haram sect, Bolori and Wakil, wanted on Monday for allegedly withholding information on the location of the Chibok girls.
Usman had said that the Army’s decision to declare the trio wanted was linked to two recent videos released by the Boko Haram and preliminary investigation conducted on them.