Baba Othman Ngelzarma, National Secretary, Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association was a guest on Channels TV’s Morning Rise programme during which he addressed the unabated spate of Fulani herdsmen invasion in Nigeria which has led to the death of several Nigerians thereby threatening the national security of Nigeria.
Read the major highlights of his views on national Television: (1) Says herdsmen are peace loving.
(2) Says anywhere they go they always touch base with the head of hausa community before they now meet the traditional institution in the area.
(3) Says it the communities who usually provoke the Fulani herdsmen by demanding money before they graze, and if they refuse to pay, they shoot 1 or 2 cattle.
(4) Says herdsmen that carry AK-47 are cattle rustlers.
(5) Says Buhari has greatly helped them to limit cattle rustling, and that Buhari has helped them to recover a lot of cattle rustled since he assumed office.
(6) Says the proposed Grazing Bill by the National Assembly to establish grazing land and routes in every state is good for them.
(7) Says the media has dented the image of the herdsmen in Nigeria through inflammatory statements.