Metro News

OMG! Tragedy In Lagos As Pretty Woman Is Electrocuted To Death Just One Month To Her Wedding (Photo)

A 35-year-old woman has been electrocuted to death at her fiance’s home in the Idimu area of Lagos State just one month to her wedding.

Ewere (Photo: Facebook)
The residents of Ajoke Kazeem Street in the Idimu area of Lagos State, witnessed a tragic incident recently when a 35-year-old woman, Loretta Ewere, was been electrocuted at her fiance’s home.
According to a report by Punch Metro, the deceased’s fiancé, Segun Tolani, was fixing an electrical fault when the shocking incident happened, and she was rushed to a private hospital in the area but was rejected before being confirmed dead at the Igando General Hospital.
It was learnt that the engaged couple had scheduled their wedding for November and preparation was in top gear when tragedy struck.
Speaking to a correspondent, resident who pleaded anonymity, said the incident happened around 1:00 pm on Saturday, adding that it created chaos in the neighbourhood.
“The man had wanted to change his old cable TV decoder and antenna. When power was restored, he discovered that he didn’t have electricity in his house.
“He wanted to do it himself, but neighbours advised him to get the service of an electrician. He contacted an electrician who billed him N2,500. But he said the charge was too high. He decided to go and rent a wooden ladder from someone in the area.
“He mounted the ladder on the wall and called the lady from inside the room to assist him in holding the ladder. She held the ladder with one hand and held an iron pole beside the room with the other hand.
“While he was working, the wire fell and touched the pole she was holding and that was how she was electrocuted,” he said.
Narrating further, another resident disclosed that the deceased was reportedly flung by the electric current. An electrician was said to have been invited, who then disconnected the power.
“The woman fell down and hit her head against the concrete floor. People tried to resuscitate her by giving her milk; but she didn’t come round. A lot of time had been wasted. She was rushed to a private hospital in the area, but she was rejected.
“We took her to the general hospital, where she was confirmed dead. Her corpse was deposited in a mortuary,”another resident said.
A relative who identified himself simply as Charles, blamed the incident on Tolani’s stinginess. He explained that the duo had been living together for the past four years, adding that the two families had started preparation for their wedding.
“They did their introduction four years ago and since then, they had been staying together. Their marriage was slated for November and the two families have bought clothes and sent invitation to people.
“Around 1pm of the day that she died, she called one of her friends that she would be going to shop for the wedding, not knowing that she would die that day. It was the man’s stinginess that killed her. If he had paid someone to fix the electrical fault, this would not have happened,” he said.
The Lagos state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, confirmed the incident and said the corpse had been deposited in a mortuary for autopsy.
“The woman, Loretta Ewere, was electrocuted around 9am. She was living with one Segun Tolani, to whom she was supposed to be married next month.
“They were fixing a GoTV antenna when power was suddenly restored. Ewere, who was holding the antenna wire, was electrocuted. The corpse has been deposited in a mortuary for a post-mortem examination,” she said.

Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!

ALSO READ:  NURTW, Lagos Chapter Set To Use Bomb Detectors As A Road Safety Measure
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending this week

To Top