The Nigeria Police Force on Thursday said it would begin the first phase of the deployment of over 6,000 policemen in the communities retaken from Boko Haram in the North-East today.
The Inspector-General of Police, Solomon Arase, disclosed this at the second Roundtable on Security stabilisation in the North-East organised by the police in collaboration with the British Embassy in Abuja.
He said, “I can confirm that by March 18, the logistics procured and personnel mobilised for the first phase of the deployment will be launched. Following the outcome of the last roundtable, the police have heightened the deployment process of personnel in the region.”
Arase also said that massive human and material assets had been mobilised.
The IG added, “The successes so far recorded (in the fight against Boko Haram) can best be consolidated with sincere and workable plans expected to be the outcome of this roundtable.”
Among those in attendance were the representatives of the Army and Air Force.
Meanwhile, Arase has urged all policemen to support the force’s housing scheme.
Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!