When-Strenght-matters-728x90 (1)
Metro News

So Sad! Man Burnt To Death In House Fire Caused By Water Heater In Lagos (+Photo)

24D86E1D00000578-0-Mansion_fire_The_9million_home_in_Annapolis_Maryland_caught_fire-a-5_1421879799285
nigeriana news app advert

An 80-year-old man has reportedly perished in a house fire caused by an immersion water heater (boiling ring).

The victim, Godwin Oyia, was killed at about 10:40am yesterday, after being trapped in his home at No 5 Aborishade close, Lawanson, Surulere.

Investigations carried into the case by the Agency’s emergency response team at the scene of the incident revealed that a boiling ring being used in the last room on the top floor of the house led to the fire which quickly engulfed the whole building, according to the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA).

Sadly, Oyia was burnt to death in the room where the fire had started.

ALSO READ:  Meet The Gracious Female 'Keke Marwa' Driver In Lagos (Photos)

house fire

The burnt building

Although the whole of the top floor of the building was completely torched, the lower floors were salvaged by the combined efforts of LASEMA, Red cross, the Lagos State Fire Service and Itire division of the Police Force. Oyia’s corpse has since been recovered and handed over to the Police.

The General Manager LASEMA, Mr Michael Akindele, disclosed that proper investigation was to be conducted on the incident while advising Lagosians to ensure safety at all times by switching off all electrical appliances when they are not in use at their homes or offices.


[Advertisement]
Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!



Comments
To Top
Loading...