When-Strenght-matters-728x90 (1)
Metro News

Again, Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities, Murder 15 People

Photo File
nigeriana news app advert
Another shocking attack by the dreaded Fulani herdsmen have resulted in the death of 15 people after the armed men invaded the community in Benue.
About 15 people have died after suspected Fulani herdsmen on Monday invaded Igbongun com­munity in Tsaav Ward of Ukum Local Government Area of Benue State. About five people died were killed in the community.
It was gathered that the attack started last Sunday when the herdsmen struck in Tse Wankyor in the same Tsaav Ward and killed 10 and injured several others. Yesterday’s incident brings the death toll from the two at­tacks to 15.
It was gathered that the armed herders numbering over 50 invaded the community through the neigh­bouring Kente settlement in Tara­ba State at 11pm on Monday and unleashed terror on the people with their sophisticated weapons. The herdsmen also took away six motorcycles belonging to people from the community.
Speaking about the incident, the District Head of Tsaav, His Royal Highness (HRH) Jo­seph Ivuen, revealed that the his people are now suffering over what they do not know about because of the incessant attacks. He said the attack was unwar­ranted because they have never had issues with the Fulani cattle rearers.
As a result of the latest attack, many people have deserted the community for fear of their lives. He urged the Federal Government not to keep silent and watch while they are being slaughtered.
Also, the Chairman of Ukum Lo­cal Government Area, Hon. Si­mon Kachina, confirmed the incident. He however expressed concern over the recent attace as he said the affected communities never had issues with the herdsmen and charged the authorities to intensify efforts to­wards ending such barbaric acts.
The council boss who gave the names of victims whose bod­ies had been recovered as Kery­um Mku, Terkura Ajo and Ter­hemba Gwa, added that the search for others had continued.
Kachina said: “It is most un­fortunate and the most worri­some aspect of these attacks lies in the fact that they are normal­ly carried out during cropping season and for a local govern­ment whose economic mainstay is farming, the continued sacking of our people will not augur well for our economic survival. I am appealing especially to the Fed­eral Government to put in efforts that will curtail the barbaric acts of these headsmen.”
The Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Moses Yamu, confirmed the attacks.

Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!

To Top