Nigeriana.org News



Metro News

Tragedy as Street Light Electrocutes 24-yr Old Mother, Son in Lagos (Photos)

electrocueee

A 24-year old nursing mother, Yewande Busari, has been electrocuted in Lagos with her one-year-old son strapped to her back. The child, named Pamilerin, however, survived. According to Sahara Reporters, the tragedy was caused by electrical wires sticking out of a streetlight pole where she was trying to cross the highway at Oshodi. Yetunde, according to sources said, had not used the pedestrian bridge on the motorway.

Pamilerin, who has since being discharged from a hospital, has not stopped crying since the incident, and is currently with his paternal grandparents.
electrocuted son.png

ALSO READ:  FEC Endorsed N3.23b Contracts For U.I And UNILAG

The streetlight pole that caused the tragedy was said to have carried the menace of live wires sticking for a while but was left unattended by the government and the Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company in charge of it.

Click here to view pix  
According to Yewande’s Facebook page, she graduated from Eko Akete Grammar school in Lagos Island. Until her death, she lived with her fiance at 32, Thomas Street, Ebute-Meta, Lagos.


[Advertisement]
Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!



Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending this week

To Top
Loading...