Man Dies Of Hypothermia After Eating 60 Gallons Of Ice Cream


Juan Pablo Iglesiaz, a 36-year-old man from New Mexico, has met an untimely death several hours after being brought into the emergency room after a heart failure possibly caused by hypothermia. The young man that suffered from an extreme case of binge eating disorder had eaten an estimated 60 gallons of ice cream before succumbing to heart failure caused by a lethal drop of his body core temperature, believe experts.

“He had only been working here for a few days” explained Eleonora Brimmes, the convenient store assistant manager where Juan Iglesiaz had been hired 36 hours prior to his death and where he was found unconscious moments before being transported to the emergency room. “He was a good employee nonetheless, this a great tragedy” she told local reporters, visibly saddened by the whole affair.

ALSO READ:  See What Governor Rauf Aregbesola Was Pictured Doing In The Bush (PHOTOS)

Juan Pablo Iglesiaz is believed to have suffered from an extreme case of binge eating disorder in which the victim loses all self-control on the quantities of food he is ingurgitating, explains Dr. Alan Rushmore of the Mountain View Regional Medical Center in Las Cruces.

“It is a sad thing he was not diagnosed before his tragic death,” he explains. “Death rarely occurs from binge eating disorder (BED) but can have damaging effects on a person’s health in the long term if not treated properly,” he warns. “He visibly suffered from a very extreme case of BED as it seems he was unable to stop eating the ice cream, even though he must have suffered from intense shivering and mental confusion moments before he lost consciousness,” he adds.


Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending this week

To Top