When-Strenght-matters-728x90 (1)
Metro News

So Sad!! Bride-To-Be Electrocuted In Fiance’s House Just 1 Month To Wedding

Candle light - Tragedy
nigeriana news app advert

It was gathered that the fiance identified as Segun Tolani, was fixing an electrical fault at his apartment when Loretta was electrocuted and was rushed to a private hospital which rejected her but was confirmed dead at the Igando General Hospital.

With just one month to her wedding, a 35-year-old woman, Loretta Ewere, has been dispatched to the great beyond after she was electrocuted at her fiance’s home on Ajoke Kazeem Street in the Idimu area of Lagos State.

According to family sources, the couple was preparing for their wedding in November when the tragedy which has now pitted the two families against each other, struck.

The late Loretta Ewere

The incident which happened around 9am on Saturday, October 1, 2016, according to a neighbour, has created chaos in the area as the family of the deceased have laid the blame for their daughter’s death on Tolani.

“The man had wanted to change his old cable TV decoder and antenna. When power was restored, he discovered that he didn’t have electricity in his house.

He wanted to do it himself, but neighbours advised him to get the service of an electrician. He contacted an electrician who billed him N2,500. But he said the charge was too high. He decided to go and rent a wooden ladder from someone in the area.

He mounted the ladder on the wall and called the lady from inside the room to assist him in holding the ladder. She held the ladder with one hand and held an iron pole beside the room with the other hand.

While he was working, the wire fell and touched the pole she was holding and that was how she was electrocuted,” the neighbour said.

It was gathered that the frightened Tolani called for help from a next-door neighbour, whose wife reportedly rushed to the scene to pull out the victim with her bare hands but was also flung by the electric current.

ALSO READ:  Nigeria Football Supporters Club Honours Stephen Keshi And Shaibu Amodu In Lagos...See Details

It was an electrician who was called from a nearby street who disconnected the power before Ewere, an indigene of Ewuru in Delta State, was extricated but by then, she had lost consciousness and all efforts to revive her failed.

She was rushed to the private hospital but was rejected but by the time they got to the general hospital, she was confirmed dead.

A relative of the victim who identified himself as Charles, say the family blames the Ekiti State-born Tolani because of his stinginess.

“We blame Tolani for the death of our sister due to his stinginess. They did their introduction four years ago and since then, they had been staying together. Their marriage was slated for November and the two families have bought clothes and sent the invitation to people.

Around 1pm of the day that she died, she called one of her friends that she would be going to shop for the wedding, not knowing that she would die that day.

It was the man’s stinginess that killed her. If he had paid someone to fix the electrical fault, this would not have happened.”

The State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Dolapo Badmos, who confirmed the incident, said the corpse of Ewere had been deposited in a mortuary for autopsy.

“The woman, Loretta Ewere, was electrocuted around 9am. She was living with one Segun Tolani, to whom she was supposed to be married next month.”

“They were fixing a GoTV antenna when power was suddenly restored. Ewere, who was holding the antenna wire, was electrocuted. The corpse has been deposited in a mortuary for a post-mortem examination.”

Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!

To Top