Metro News

Radio Technician Electrocuted In Osogbo


An unidentified man was at the weekend electrocuted behind the Ataoja’s palace at Oja Oba, Osogbo, the Osun State capital.

The man, who was a radio technician, had his workshop at Iso-Isu, Oja-Oba.

An eyewitness said the incident occurred at a sub-station of the Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) when the technician attempted to fix an electrical fault.

The man was said to suffered third degree burns after falling on a transformer.

Investigation revealed that the deceased was in his shop when he was called to fix a fault in the substation located few metres away from his workshop.

A source, who pleaded for anonymity, said: “He (the technician) initially thought the fault was minor.

“But when he got to the substation where the transformer was, he discovered the fault was on a pole carrying the transformer. He climbed a ladder and began work on the pole.

ALSO READ:  AEDC Staff Electrocuted

“He had barely spent three minutes on the pole when he suddenly shouted as a result of an electric shock. He lost his balance and fell on the transformer.

“His body was badly burnt and barely recognisable.

“Those standing nearby fled and he was left there for several hours.”

IBEDC’s Branding and Communication Manager Ms Kike Owoeye expressed concerns on the increasing rate of electrocution caused by unauthorised access to the company’s facilities.

She warned people against unauthorised access to IBEDC facilities, saying the company, with the help of law enforcement agencies, would punish any unauthorised person caught working on its facilities.

Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending this week

To Top