Below are some political speeches across Nigeria and the world made by prominent political actors in the course of addressing diverse issues.
Below are some quotes worthy of note:
- “We did not say we will employ, we said we will create jobs.” – Minister for Information, Lai Mohammed speaking on APC campaign promises (Source: Channels TV)
- “If any INEC officer is bent on rigging the rerun elections, let him first tell his wife and children where his will is located because he will be treated as a political armed robber.” – Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state warning against rigging of the forthcoming general elections in the state (Source: Nigerian Tribune)
- “I have been a military governor, petroleum minister, military Head of State and headed the Petroleum Trust Fund. Never had I heard the words ‘budget padding.” – President Muhammadu Buhari vowing to punish those responsible for the distortion of the 2016 federal budget, while addressing the Nigerian community in Saudi Arabia (Source: Premium Times)
- “In the 2015 presidential election, the APC was more prepared for defeat than for victory. The party did not expect to win and clearly had no agenda for victory.” – A scholar and international affairs expert, Femi Aribisala, criticising the APC-led federal government over its handling of the Nigerian economy (Source: Premium Times)
- “If he hadn’t inherited $200 million, you know where Donald Trump would be right now? Selling watches in Manhattan.” – Republican presidential candidate in the U.S, Marco Rubio calling out his rival, Donald Trump for his privileged background, during a recent GOP debate (Source: CNN)
- “His holiness cannot be killed; He is not a mere mortal like the rest of us.” – An unnamed member of Rev. King’s Christian Pentecostal Assembly reportedly said of the Supreme Court judgment upholding the death sentence against King (Source: The Nation newspaper)
- “Next month marks a year since President @mbuhari was elected. There’s a time for everything. The time for blaming @GEJonathan should be over.” – Senator Ben Murray-Bruce (Source: Twitter)
- “Each time I am with any woman’s underwear, I feel like I am making love.” – 22-year-old man, Chigozie Ugwu, paraded by the police in Anambra State for stealing 52 women’s underwear. (Source: Punch newspaper)
- “I cannot run away; I am Ayo Fayose. If you hit me, you hit trouble, if I hit you, you will be in trouble.” – The governor of Ekiti state, Mr. Ayodele Fayose accusing APC-led federal government of planning to make Nigeria an Islamic state (Source: Nigerian Tribune)
- “It’s time, it’s time, it’s time for a woman in the White House.” – A crowd in Columbia, South Carolina reportedly chanted after U.S Democratic presidential candidate, Hilary Clinton’s landslide win in the South Carolina primary (Source: Aljazeera)
Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!