- Japan pulled off a staggering 14-12 victory against New Zealand in the Olympic rugby sevens tournament.
- Simone Biles captured her first Olympic title when she inspired the United States to the women’s gymnastics team gold.
- World champion David Florence missed out on a medal in the canoe slalom C1 event as France’s Denis Gargaud Chanut took gold.
- There was heartbreak for GB’s men’s lightweight sculls team after they finished behind New Zealand in their semi-final to miss out on the chance to challenge for a medal.
- Johanna Konta slogged for over three hours to a 3-6 7-5 7-5 victory against Svetlana Kuznetsova in the women’s singles.
- China dominated again in the women’s 10m synchronised diving event, as they had done the night before in the men’s, with Chen Ruolin and Liu Huixia taking gold.
- Greek shooter Anna Korakaki took the gold medal in the women’s 25 metre pistol event, two days after she won a bronze and became the first woman to win a medal in shooting for Greece.
- Andy Murray made a confident bid to defend his Olympic title with a second round 6-2 6-1 victory over Juan Monaco.
- Olympic champion and world number one Serena Williams tumbled out of the singles competition in the third round after a shock defeat to Ukraine’s Elina Svitolina.
- Legendary swimmer Michael Phelps added gold medals 20 and 21 to his incredible Olympic collection as he triumphed in the 200m butterfly and the 4x200m freestyle relay.
- Katie Ledecky of the United States won the women’s Olympic 200 metres freestyle to claim her second individual gold of the Games and stay on track for a rare treble.
- Great Britain’s swimmers claimed two inspired silver medals as Siobhan-Marie O’Connor and the men’s 4x200m freestyle relay team celebrated success at Rio 2016.
ALSO READ: Olympics Rio 2016: Russia Wins Fifth Straight Group All Around Gold In Rhythmic Gymnastics
Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!