Tyson Fury’s rematch with Wladimir Klitschko has been confirmed for October 29 at the Manchester Arena.
Fury was due to defend his WBA ‘Super’ and WBO heavyweight titles against the Ukrainian on July 9 but was forced to pull out of the fight because of an ankle injury.
Klitschko, unbeaten for 11 years until his defeat to Fury in November last year, tweeted: “Finally the rematch is fixed. I’ll remedy my mistake on 29 October at Manchester Arena. See you there.”
Fury also relieved Klitschko of the IBF belt but was stripped when he agreed the rematch rather than face their mandatory challenger, a move which ultimately led to fellow Briton Anthony Joshua winning the title.
Fury’s manager and uncle Peter said: ‘I’m delighted that we can finally get the fight back on.
“After hard discussions we can now focus on giving the fans what they deserve; another barnburner of a fight.
“Team Fury will ensure Tyson is in the shape of his life to successfully retain his world titles.”
A press conference to officially announce the fight will be held in London on Monday September 12 and Fury’s promoter Mick Hennessy is delighted weeks of hard work has paid dividends.
“Everyone involved has worked tirelessly to get this back on and I’m thrilled that it’s now officially confirmed,” he said.
“This is the rematch that the boxing world has been waiting to see and the anticipation is now at boiling point so expect a highly charged and explosive fight when the best two heavyweights in the world collide.
“As Tyson’s promoter I have 100 per cent confidence that he will retain his titles in front of his fans and make it another memorable night for British boxing to remember.”
Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!