Three 14 year old boys from HTS Louis Both, a high school in Bloemfontein, South Africa on Monday stood trial at the Mangung One-Step Child Justice on the charges of raping a 13 year old girl on the school premises on 7 June.
Three 14 year old boys from HTS Louis Botha, a high school in Bloemfontein, South Africa on Monday stood trial at the Mangung One-Step Child Justice on the charges of raping a 13 year old girl on the school premises on 7 June.
However, according to National Prosecution Authority spokesperson, Phaladi Shuping, the case was postponed to 27 June to allow investigations on allegations of death threats against the three boys.
“Apparently, there were threats that were posed on the learners. Our request as NPA was that those threats must be investigated so that when a decision as to whether or not we release them to their parents, their safety is not at risk,” he said.
He added that the next trial appearance will be a bail application and they will remain in juvenile detention until then.
There was uproar online after a video showing two boys fondling the girl against her will circulated last week.
The MEC of Education in the Free State, Tate Makgoe, said he was shocked and disgusted by the boys’ behavior in a statement. He added that the boys have been suspended
Make Money Online in Nigeria... Click HERE To Start Now!